destination:holland

25.5.07

Going Back (to Finland)

Last week in the lowlands is well under way... actually next Wednesday morning I will pick up my bags and take a train towards Schiphol-airport, the airport that has been my port to home for the past 9 months. By home, I do not only mean Finland, but I also mean the Netherlands. At the very beginning this country greeted me with surprise, with amazement, however in few months pros turned into cons, sun changed into wind and rain. Eventually from all of this rose love, I would not say that I'd like to live in this country for the rest of my life, but I learned to appreciate the Dutch way of living, the habits and the people. It's good to be Dutch and life is good in the Netherlands.

Some wise person once said: "Your home is where your heart is. If you give your heart to your friends, you will have many homes." I consider the Netherlands as my second home, but a huge part of that is the people I've got to know here and as my home is here now it will soon be scattered all around the world, I will have friends in Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New-Zealand, Russia, Spain, Uganda, United Kingdom, and United States thus I hope I will have many homes all around the world (I'm sorry if I missed some, please comment the blog and I'll add it). I really look forward to the change of visiting some of them and 0f course, I hope some of them will have the change to visit me in Finland (by the way Ryanair offers some really cheap flights to Tampere, Finland!).

Today will be my "homegoing party" here in Plutolaan, my student house, I hope a lot of people will attend so I can give an example of my speech skills :)

PS. I decided to change to English, since I think the focus group of my blog might very well be changing :)

1 Comments:

  • I remember that moment. When you're getting closer to the day that you must go but you just want to turn back time. It's hard to leave from the place that you love and say goodbye to Groningen family. But thank god there is internet too keep in touch. And the best thing is that in the future, when you travel, you always have some friends to visit abroad. And the most positive thing, Ilkka my darling, is that I'm here in Finland wating for you. :D

    By Blogger enna84, at 20:12  

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home