destination:holland

1.6.07

Freshly cut grass

Third day in Finland and I'm already moving the lawn, fixing our pier in the river Kyrö and stuff like that... All because my lil' sister is going to graduate from high school tomorrow, kind of a big deal in Finland. She'll be the fifth and the last one from our family to get the diploma, so I guess there's going to be a lot of people, meaning at least several hundreds (puff). Actually the ultimate reason to come back home in the end of may was her graduation, can't miss it full-stop, too much of a big thing :)

Apart from moving the lawn, I've been trying to help around with tasks like cooking and I made my first ever tortilla española without any guidance or instructions (thanks Jon!)! I think I'll try to make paella on Monday, just the day before I'll move back to Tampere. There I'll see if I'll be a bit more homesick, when there's not so many people around me all the time.

Also, I had the luck and the opportunity to meet up with Anne yesterday since she was spending a night in Seinäjoki, just 30km away from my home town. When I drove towards Seinäjoki, I was feeling some butterflies in my stomach, I don't usually get them, but I was wondering how would it be to see a friend I hadn't seen since the beginning of February, surprisingly the first moment I saw her and we changed greetings in Spanish ("Hola tia! Que tal, como estas?") I knew that's she's still the same person and the same friend I had back there... It kinda gave me a strong feeling, that I do have a good change of keeping you all as my friends, even though I can't see you every now and then, and even if we live in different countries.

With these thoughts towards the celebrations and slow return back to (relatively) busy work life.

3 Comments:

  • Jejeje.. Nice to hear that I haven't changed. Even though I don't know is it a good thing or not.. :D When you were talking about tortillas I thougt that you meant something completley different but according to the picture you meant spanish omelet. I haven't tried it yet some day I will do it..

    See you maybe next weekend again if you come to Summer Jazz.

    Tot ziens!

    By Blogger enna84, at 18:58  

  • Tortilla epañola or Tortilla de patatas... with us Spanish people it's just a tortilla :D

    By Blogger Ilkka, at 01:33  

  • It may be too late but I've just come across to your blog. Thanks for your sweet words. I know I'll have a friend in Finland and have no doubt that we'll meet next year again, probably for the calçutada. Nice to hear that your tortillas worked out. You have a master already in spanish cuisine.
    Tot ziens!

    By Anonymous Anonyymi, at 19:56  

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home